Dive deeper into the field of marine biology!
Based on our popular Junior Biologist classes, this camp will feature elements of our traditional Day Camp program, including crafts, games, special behind-the-scenes privileges, animal interactions, and more.
Offered: June 22-26, 2015 & July 20-24, 2015 Times: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 pm. Monday-Friday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Tuesday||The Watery World||Marine Mammals|
|Wednesday||Tide Pool Adaptations||Invertebrates|
- Get a behind the scenes look at caring for fish.
- Investigate the properties of water through temperature, pressure, and oxygen experiments
- Collect mussels from Rainbow Harbor and search for hidden animals.
- Feed fish in our Tropical Reef exhibit.*
- Assist animal care staff with the Ray Pool cleaning.*
- Discover how amazing whales are in a Whale Olympics activity.
- Practice classifying animals with a sea jelly classification activity.
- Explore an interactive watershed environment.
- Go behind the scenes to feed sea otters.*
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please 2 snacks each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
|Cost||Weeklong: $300; $270 for Aquarium Members|
Online reservations are not available for this event at this time.
|Sold Out||June 22-26, 2015 & July 20-24, 2015|
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol