Dive deeper into the field of marine biology!
Based on our popular Junior Biologist classes, this camp will feature elements of our traditional Day Camp program, including crafts, games, special behind-the-scenes privileges, animal interactions, and more.
Offered: June 17-21, 2019; July 15-19, 2019; August 12-16, 2019
Times: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday–Friday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Tuesday||The Watery World||Marine Mammals|
|Wednesday||Invertebrates||Tide Pool Adaptations|
- Get a behind the scenes look at caring for fish.
- Investigate the properties of water through temperature, pressure, and oxygen experiments
- Collect mussels from Rainbow Harbor and search for hidden animals.
- Feed fish in our Tropical Reef exhibit.*
- Assist animal care staff with the Ray Pool cleaning.*
- Practice classifying animals with a sea jelly classification activity.
- Explore an interactive watershed environment.
- Go behind the scenes to feed sea otters.*
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please 2 snacks each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.