Birds at the Aquarium?
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Birds and Reptiles:
Why does an Aquarium have birds and reptiles? Come and discover the close ties that these animals have with the marine environment. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Review the characteristics of birds and reptiles
- Meet a reptile with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Observe and measure real sea turtle shells, just like researchers in the field would
- Discover how different bird beaks function to capture different types of food
- Examine sea krait skin that has been shed
- Match birds and reptiles to their habitat
- Go over bird and reptile adaptations in a fun bingo game
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.