Birds at the Aquarium?
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Birds and Reptiles:
Why does an Aquarium have birds and reptiles? Come and discover the close ties that these animals have with the marine environment. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Review the characteristics of birds and reptiles
- Observe and measure real sea turtle shells just like researchers in the field would
- Discover how different bird beaks function to capture different types of food
- Examine sea krait skin that has been shed
- Match birds and reptiles to their habitat
- Go over bird and reptile adaptations in a fun bingo game
- Meet a reptile with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Jan 11, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Sep 13, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$24 per child
$19 for members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|
Junior Biologist: Birds and Reptiles
Participants ages 7-12 will learn why they would find birds and reptiles at an Aquarium and how marine biologists care for them.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY