Birds at the Aquarium?
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Why does an Aquarium have birds? From penguins to shorebirds, many birds depend on oceans for food. Come and discover the close ties that these animals have with the marine environment. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Review the characteristics of birds
- Visit Lorikeet Forest to feed the birds
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
- Tour bird exhibits, including the penguins and puffins
- Other activities may include:
- Discover how different bird beaks function to capture different types of food
- Learn about bird conservation, and ways you can help local birds
- Make a take-home bird feeder