Fish can get sick too!
Do you need to shadow a marine biologist for a school assignment or are you just interested in what a job in the field of animal care is like?
The Job Shadow series of programs at the Aquarium is perfect for either. We have four unique 3-hour programs that are sure to give you the inside scoop on a career in marine biology. Take the entire series, one is typically offered the first Wednesday and Saturday of every month.
This Job Shadow program takes a closer look at the unique and challenging field of marine animal veterinary science. During this 3-hour program participants will:
- Hear from our staff veterinarian what it takes to do his job
- Visit various behind-the-scenes locations
- Diagnose and treat a “sick” stuffed animal much like our veterinarian would
- Go on morning/afternoon rounds to check on a range of animals currently under the veterinarian’s care
Other activities may include:
- Tour our veterinarian facility
- Observe our staff veterinarian perform a procedure on an animal
- Discover the tricks we employ to give our finicky ocean friends their medicine
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access!
Saturday, Feb 1, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, Jun 4, 2014 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Jun 7, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, Oct 1, 2014 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Oct 4, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
|Cost||$39.00 per student
$35.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Job Shadow here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|