Shadow our talented aviculture staff and see what it takes to run our successful bird exhibits here at the Aquarium.
Do you need to shadow a marine biologist for a school assignment or are you just interested in what a job in the field of animal care is like?
The Job Shadow series of programs at the Aquarium is perfect for either. We have four unique 3-hour programs that are sure to give you the inside scoop on a career in marine biology. Take the entire series, one is typically offered the first Wednesday and Saturday of every month.
This Job Shadow program takes a closer look at the field of bird husbandry. During this 3-hour program participants will:
- Hear from our aviculture staff what it takes to do their job
- Visit various behind-the-scenes locations
- Observe birds on exhibit while looking for discrete bird behaviors
- Prepare food for our diving birds (i.e. Puffins, Auklets, and Guillemots)
- Create enrichment toys for our Lorikeets
- Learn more about common local shore birds
- Gain insight into the important conservation issues facing bird populations today
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access!
Wednesday, Jan 2, 2013 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Jan 5, 2013 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, May 4, 2013 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, Sep 4, 2013 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Sep 7, 2013 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
|Cost||$35.00 per student
$29.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|