Feeding and caring for fish and sharks is a fun and rewarding career!
Do you need to learn about a career for a school assignment, or are you interested in a job in the animal care field? The Job Shadow series of classes at the Aquarium is perfect for either. We have four unique 3-hour classes that are sure to give you the inside scoop on a career in marine biology. Take the entire series, or just pick one.
Job shadow Classes are led by Aquarium Educators and include opportunities to interact with animal care staff.
This Job Shadow class takes a closer look at the field of fish and invertebrate husbandry. During this 3-hour class participants will:
- Hear from our aquarist staff what it takes to do their jobs
- Feed and touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Meet members of our volunteer dive staff
- Visit various behind-the-scenes locations
Other activities may include:
- Prepare food for and feed animals in our largest exhibit, the 350,000-gallon Tropical Reef Habitat*
- Feed the rays and do exhibit maintenance on the Ray exhibit
- Meet the aquarist that cares for our octopus and observe a feed
- Learn more about how Aquarium staff members window shark eggs
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access!