Coastal America Partnership’s Ocean Art Contest; Helping to Protect and Preserve the World’s Ocean
Coastal America and the Aquarium of the Pacific invite you to participate in the biennial 2013-2014 North American Ocean Art Contest. The contest will be conducted through our 25 member Coastal America Learning Center network of aquariums and marine institutions, beginning in September 2013. Each participating Learning Center will host a regional exhibition and will evaluate entries for recommendation to the North American traveling exhibit on the basis of strong visual impact, artistic merit and on how clearly the work expresses an appreciation of one or more of the Essential Principles of Ocean Sciences. For more information on contest rules, please visit the Coastal America Ocean Art Contest Page.
- Art work (acceptable media are paint, pencil, markers, ink, crayon, chalk, cloth and collage).
- Photography (must have been take in the past year)
- Grades K-2
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
- Adult (18+)
Dec 16th, 2013 to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Deadline extended through February 16, 2014.
- For full participation rules go to the Coastal America Ocean Art Contest Page.
- Original art & photography
- 2-D (flat surface, no raised effects)
- Not to exceed 12 x 16 inches and ¼ inch thick
- Photo entries must be 8 x 10 inches
- No glass or frames
- Please label your name only on the back of your art entry
Submissions MUST include:
- Completed Submission and Release Form
- Up to 150 word narrative describing how your art ties to one (or more) of the Ocean Literacy principles.
How to submit:
Mail art work (accompanied by a Submission and Release form) to:
Ocean Art Contest
Aquarium of the Pacific
100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
Art may also be dropped of at the Aquarium, weekdays between 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Submission and Release Form
- Seven Essential Ocean Literacy Principles
- Rules and Guidelines for Art Contest