Can We Make our Coastal Cities Resilient to Climate Change or Are They Doomed?
How are Sustainability and Resilience Related?
What aspects of climate change will have the greatest impact on sustainability of Southern California’s coastal cities? Which cities are at the greatest risk with sea level rise and coastal flooding? Why do cities matter in pursuing sustainability?
Join us to tackle these questions and more during the Aquarium of the Pacific’s Aquatic Academy, a four-part adult education course on climate change and resiliency. Participants will participate in lively discussions with experts in the fields of oceanography, sustainability, environmental science, economics, and urban development. Presenters:
- Dr. Reinhard Flick, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Dr. Steven Gaines, University of California Santa Barbara
- Dr. Peter Kareiva, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- John Keisler, City of Long Beach
- Dr. Jerry Miller, The National Academy of Sciences Jonathan Parfrey, Climate Resolve
- Dr. Jerry Schubel, Aquarium of the Pacific