The Aquarium of the Pacific will celebrate its twelfth annual Southeast Asia Day. The festival’s program will highlight the beauty and diversity of the cultures of Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, and Indonesia. Guests will enjoy live performances, including music, dance, and cultural craft demonstrations. Ethnic dishes will be available for purchase, and children will have the opportunity to partake in arts and crafts.
Cultural Music, Dance, and Heritage Award
- 10:00 a.m. Cambodian Music – Ho Chan Ensemble
- 10:40 a.m. Myanmar Cultural Dance – Network of Myanmar American Association
- 11:45 a.m. Indonesian Dance – Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia—Los Angeles
- 12:20 p.m. Vietnamese Dance – Lac-Hong Performing Arts Group
- 12:55 p.m. Cambodian Dance – Spirit of Khmer Angkor
- 1:40 p.m. Thai Dance – Thai Community Arts & Cultural Center Dancers
- 2:30 p.m. Heritage Award Ceremony honoring Viroj Sirironarong
- 3:10 p.m. Laotian Music & Dance – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- 4:00 p.m. Laotian Music & Dance – Hmong Association of Long Beach
Cultural Demonstrators & Exhibitors
- Cambodian Shadow Puppets – Master Craftsman Ho Chan
- Cambodian Cultural Costumes – Cambodian Association of America
- Hmong (Laotian) Cultural Display and Children’s Craft – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- Thai Art of Fruit and Vegetable Carving – Master Artist Ajarn Saowapa Albright
- Traditional Thai Painting – Ajarn Patchara Wonprasat with Ajarn Professor Vibul Wonprasat
- Cultural Display of Myanmar (Burma) – Network of Myanmar American Association
- Vietnamese Cultural Display – Vietnamese Traditional Arts Development Organization
- Cambodian Cultural Display– United Cambodian Community
All programs subject to change and weather dependent.
Café Scuba: Cultural dishes will be served
Heritage Award Presentation / Honda Blue Cavern at 2:30 p.m.
Honoring Viroj Sirironarong - In recognition of dedicated service to Southeast Asian communities