The Aquarium of the Pacific will celebrate its annual Southeast Asia Day.
The Aquarium of the Pacific will celebrate its fifteenth annual Southeast Asia Day. The festival’s program will highlight the beauty and diversity of the cultures of Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, and Indonesia. Guests will enjoy live performances, including music, dance, and cultural craft demonstrations. Children will have the opportunity to partake in arts and crafts.
|SATURDAY||Cultural Music and Dance|
|10:15 AM||Cultural Storytelling, Mena Moreno|
|10:40 AM||Journeys to the Past, Jacque Nuñez|
|11:00 AM||Chumash Traditions by Marcus Lopez|
|11:45 AM||Chumash Family Singers|
|12:20 PM||Singing and Musical Instruments, Gabrielino Tongva Indians of California|
|12:30 PM||Cultural Storytelling, Stan Rodriguez|
|12:55 PM||Coastal Indigenous Children’s Activities and Stories, Jacque Nuñez|
|1:40 PM||Chumash Family Singers|
|2:30 PM||Tribal Singers & Dancers, Tribal Leader Chief Red Blood Anthony Morales & the Gabrieleño/Tongva San Gabriel Band of Mission Indians|
|3:10 PM||Costanoan Rumsen Dance with Tony Cerda & The Humaya Singers|
|3:30 PM||Cultural Storytelling, Chumash Family Storytellers|
|4:00 PM||Costanoan Rumsen Dance with Tony Cerda & The Humaya Singers|
Cultural Demonstrators & Exhibitors
- Cambodian Shadow Puppets – Master Craftsman Ho Chan
- Cambodian Cultural Costumes – Cambodian Association of America
- Hmong (Laotian) Cultural Display and Children’s Craft – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- Thai Art of Fruit and Vegetable Carving – Master Artist Ajarn Saowapa Albright
- Traditional Thai Painting – Ajarn Patchara Wonprasat with Ajarn Professor Vibul Wonprasat
- Cultural Display of Myanmar (Burma) – Network of Myanmar American Association
- Vietnamese Cultural Display – Vietnamese Traditional Arts Development Organization
- Cambodian Children’s Coloring Activity– United Cambodian Community
- Southeast Asia Marine Life Augmented Reality Experience— presented by CATCH
Heritage Award Presentation 12:20 p.m.
Gorlia Xiong in recognition of dedicated service to Southeast Asian communities.
All programs subject to change and weather dependent.