The Aquarium of the Pacific will celebrate its thirteenth annual Southeast Asia Day. The festival’s program will highlight the beauty and diversity of the cultures of Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, and Indonesia. Guests will enjoy live performances, including music, dance, and cultural craft demonstrations. Children will have the opportunity to partake in arts and crafts.
Cultural Music, Dance, and Heritage Award
- 10:00 a.m. Cambodian Music – Ho Chan Ensemble
- 10:40 a.m. Cambodian Dance – Khmer Arts Academy
- 11:45 a.m. Indonesian Dance – Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia—Los Angeles
- 12:20 p.m. Heritage Award Ceremony honoring Mai Nguyen
- 12:55 p.m. Vietnamese Dance – Lac-Hong Performing Arts Group
- 1:40 p.m. Thai Dance – Thai Community Arts & Cultural Center
- 2:30 p.m. Laotian Music & Dance – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- 3:10 p.m. Laotian Music & Dance – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- 4:00 p.m. Myanmar Cultural Dance – Network of Myanmar American Association
Cultural Demonstrators & Exhibitors
- Cambodian Shadow Puppets – Master Craftsman Ho Chan
- Cambodian Cultural Costumes – Cambodian Association of America
- Hmong (Laotian) Cultural Display and Children’s Craft – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- Thai Art of Fruit and Vegetable Carving – Master Artist Ajarn Saowapa Albright
- Traditional Thai Painting – Ajarn Patchara Wonprasat with Ajarn Professor Vibul Wonprasat
- Cultural Display of Myanmar (Burma) – Network of Myanmar American Association
- Vietnamese Cultural Display – Vietnamese Traditional Arts Development Organization
- Cambodian Cultural Display– United Cambodian Community
Heritage Award Presentation 12:20 p.m.
- Honoree: Mai Nguyen
All programs subject to change and weather dependent.