A summer ocean adventure awaits!
Explore the Pacific Ocean and its inhabitants during our weeklong summer day camp adventures.
Campers will get the chance to go behind the scenes, meet animal care staff, and help us take care of some of the animals. Each Ocean Adventure Camp week is a different program.
Offered: July 11-15, 2016 Times: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Topics(subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Tuesday||Fish Care||Otter Conservation|
|Friday||Sharks: Sizes||Shark Structure|
- Feed baby sharks & rays.*
- Learn how to care for fish by building a mini aquarium.
- Visit and paint a wetland with watercolors.
- Discover what the insides of a real crayfish look like.
- Go behind the scenes to feed an endangered animal, the abalone.*
- Learn how animal partnerships work first hand through a series of games.
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please provide 2 snacks each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
|Archived Event Information|
July 11-15, 2016 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|Cost||$300; $270 for Aquarium Members|
|Sold Out||July 11-15, 2016|
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol