A summer ocean adventure awaits!
Explore the Pacific Ocean and its inhabitants during our week-long summer day camp adventures.
Campers will get the chance to go behind the scenes, meet animal care staff, and help us take care of some of the animals. Each Ocean Adventure Camp week is a different program.
June 26-30, 2017 & August 14-18, 2017
Times: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Monday||Tide Pools||Fish of Southern CA|
|Wednesday||Sharks: Teeth||Sharks: Anatomy|
|Thursday||Wonders of Water||Plankton|
- Go behind the scenes to feed our sea otters.*
- Discover how sound moves through ocean water.
- Feed tide pool animals*
- Investigate shark teeth through a hands-on activity.
- Take a look inside a real fish.
- Make food to feed Aquarium animals.*
- Tour above our Blue Cavern habitat and toss in some food for the fish.*
- Collect plankton in Rainbow Harbor and investigate under a microscope.
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please provide 2 snacks for your child each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
|Archived Event Information|
June 26-30, 2017 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
August 14-18, 2017 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|Cost||$329; $299 for Aquarium Members|
|Sold Out||June 26-30, 2017 & August 14-18, 2017|
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 1 week before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 1 week before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol