Join us for our 10th Annual NOAA Day! This year’s theme is “Social Media for Social Change” to highlight how these tools can push us to be better stewards of the ocean and climate.
Learn firsthand about the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and how we enrich life through science in your own backyard of southern California by exploring our many activities:
- View a live tornado and learn about weather forecasting
- Taste high quality sustainably farmed fish
- Watch Remotely Operated Vehicle demos (and make your own)
- Take home a “Seeds for Salmon” kit
- Watch data move around a globe in real time
- View an ocean observing system buoy
- Become a citizen scientist and take a “selfie” pledge
- Try on a survival suit and respond to a mock oil spill
- Play the whale matching game
From daily weather forecasts, severe storm warnings, and climate monitoring to fisheries management, coastal restoration and supporting marine commerce, NOAA’s reach goes from the surface of the sun to the depths of the ocean floor.