Sharks are amazing predators of the deep!
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Sharks are amazing predators with remarkable adaptations. Separate the facts from the myths about this incredible animal. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Feed animals behind-the-scenes with our animal care staff*
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery to observe local shark species
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Discover how well shark senses work by matching the sense to the distance that it works
- Learn the key characteristics that make a shark a shark
- See just how large different species of sharks can grow
- Explore your own sense of smell
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
|Archived Event Information|
Saturday, Apr 28, 2018 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
Aquarium admission not included
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100 Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Any child requiring the use of an EpiPen must have a completed FAAECP signed by their doctor in order to participate in Aquarium programming.