Birds at the Aquarium?
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Birds and Reptiles:
Why does an Aquarium have birds and reptiles? Come and discover the close ties that these animals have with the marine environment. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Review the characteristics of birds and reptiles
- Meet a reptile with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Observe and measure real sea turtle shells, just like researchers in the field would
- Discover how different bird beaks function to capture different types of food
- Examine sea krait skin that has been shed
- Match birds and reptiles to their habitat
- Go over bird and reptile adaptations in a fun bingo game
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
|Archived Event Information|
Saturday, Nov 12, 2016 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, May 13, 2017 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Nov 11, 2017 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Any child requiring the use of an EpiPen must have a completed FAAECP signed by their doctor in order to participate in Aquarium programming.