Full Time, eligible for benefits
The Facilities supervisor is responsible for fulfilling a wide array of duties that include the proper maintenance of the Aquarium of the Pacific physical plant. The individual is also responsible for the supervision of a team that performs preventive and general maintenance, repair, construction and renovation work to the aquarium facilities and systems.
The Facilities Supervisor, working with a team of facilities technicians and several vendors, will coordinate the day-to-day and preventive maintenance programs for the Aquarium of the Pacific, including:
- Maintenance of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and control systems
- Implementing and adhering to preventive maintenance schedules
- Overseeing and monitoring work assignments
- Involvement in construction processes
- Supervising a team of technicians, including, but not limited to, performance management, hiring and training.
- Advocating workplace safety and emergency planning
- Prioritizes, coordinates and monitors the completion of work requests/orders for all facility maintenance and projects
- Proven customer service skills and strategies
- Assist Facility Manager with facility operations
- Maintain accurate records utilizing work orders
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other departments and support functions.
- Assists and advises less experienced staff on skills improvement
- Establish priorities and work schedules for facilities technicians
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve results
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Competency in AC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repairs
- Expertise in the use of bench and power tools
- Knowledge of safety practices, codes and compliance
- Knowledge and Operation of fork lifts and Boom lifts
- Spanish Language a plus but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a facilities capacity
- BS / BA in engineering or related field or relevant experience
- Prior experience with public aquariums, hotels, amusement parks, or hospitals, preferably
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Google e-mail and docs etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Exposure to injury from animal
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Exposure to work in an industrial environment, including areas with low headroom, difficult access
- Ability to work around and use hazardous chemicals with proper PPE
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Exposure to working with bio-hazards
- Aquarium habitats and open ocean environments
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.