Full Time, Eligible for Benefits
The social media assistant is responsible for implementing and analyzing all aspects of social media to increase engagement, followers, and promote the Aquarium mission, vision, and programming.
- Gather photos, videos, and Aquarium news and post on social media
- Answer questions on social media
- Attend lectures and webcasts to coordinate social media questions
- Attend major Aquarium events and report on social media
- Monitor and respond to questions on Explore.org webcams
- Maintain and analyze Google Adwords campaigns
- Respond to questions on social media on weekends (schedule would be Saturday-Wednesday)
- Engage social media followers with contests, special offers, and other programs to increase engagement
- Create Facebook event pages for Aquarium events
- Monitor and analyze Google and Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other social channel statistics
- Update website content
- Staff occasional marketing events
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong understanding and experience representing a business or organization on all major social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Strong understanding of and awareness of PR and crisis communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in updating websites through content management software
- Good photography and basic editing skills.
- Quick study picking up new mobile applications for social media management and content creation.
- Strong understanding of branding and fan engagement.
- Strong understanding of best practices on each social platform.
- Extensive experience on being a consumer of social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Ability to work in a self-initiating business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, PR, or marine biology.
- An interest in environmental causes, marine life, and being fluidly bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to sit long periods of time
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, kneel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 25 lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills.
- A fast-paced, supportive, and team-oriented working environment where accountability, independence, creativity, and innovation are fostered.
- Normal office working conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate
- Exposure to variations in temperature, humidity or wetness
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.