ENTRY LEVEL, $9.50/HR
Are you outgoing, service-oriented, patient, friendly, and comfortable in crowds? Do or would you enjoy cheering and delighting customers while wearing an animal costume?
We need Guest Services Associates at the Aquarium of the Pacific are in many ways the “face” of our Aquarium. Our Guest Services Associates are the first to greet our guests (sometimes up to 10,000 in a single day), and the last to say good-bye as our guests depart.
We prefer applicants with a successful customer service background, but we will consider training applicants who demonstrate a very strong aptitude for working with people and understand the importance of delivering world-class customer service. We are looking for temporary staff for the summer season only. Employment in these positions will end by or before September 30, 2013.
THE COSTUME CHARACTER LEAD’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Interacting, in costume, with Aquarium guests
- Making offsite visits, in costume, at parades, new exhibits, conferences, etc.
- Caring for all Aquarium of the Pacific costumes
- Keeping costume storage area organized
- Available during weekends and holidays
- Available to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. everyday; late nights until 10:00 p.m.)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous customer service experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to work, walk, and interact with guests for extended periods while fully costumed in a 15-20 pound animal suit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent social interaction abilities
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position and believe you would be an outstanding Guest Services Associate, and are interested in temporary, seasonal employment that will end by or before September 30, 2013, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are three simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete online assessments.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!