Security Officers at the Aquarium of the Pacific are responsible for controlling and maintaining a safe and secure environment both for guests and employees. A Security Officer is expected to display a sense of pride and professionalism that are indicative of an industry leader, visibly recognized through his/her actions and manner by co-workers, Aquarium staff, volunteers, contractors and guests.
The Security Officer Will:
- Respond to medical emergencies, providing an appropriate level of First Aid care and CPR response within acquired certified scope of medical training
- Answer guest questions and offer Aquarium operating information
- Provide crowd management/control when necessary
- Assume responsibility for any issues that pose a safety hazard to employees or guests and mitigate those issues as soon as practical
- Complete all departmental paperwork including daily activity log and incident reports
- Respond to and defuse any potentially hostile situations
- Attend ongoing training for guard card and related subjects to enhance qualifications as a Security Officer
- Operate CCTV surveillance system and conduct regular patrols of Aquarium property
- Respond to assignments such as VIP and cash escorts
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must speak fluent English; other spoken languages a plus
- Guard Card mandatory
- Previous customer service experience also a plus
- Valid California driver’s license
Knowledge and Skills
- Have a working knowledge of available resources including computer, telephone, radio, property surveillance cameras and alarm systems as trained
- Ability to interact positively with guests in all types of situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment successfully handling multiple tasks, such as daily activity log, key and radio control forms, vehicle deployment, lost and found and control of deliveries admitted onto Aquarium property
- Ability to meet scheduled shifts. Day: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; Swing: 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.; or Grave: 11;00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., including weekend and holiday periods
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work inside or outside, in varying weather conditions
- Ability to run
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
You will complete the online assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.