PART TIME, GRAVE SHIFT
Security Officers at the Aquarium of the Pacific are responsible for controlling and maintaining a safe environment. Since Security Officers are an integral part of our Guest Services/Operations Division, they are also responsible for greeting and assisting our guests with anything that they might need.
The security officer’s responsibilities include:
- Greeting guests throughout the Aquarium
- Answering guest questions and offering Aquarium operating information
- Providing crowd management/control when necessary
- Adhering to the highest safety standards
- Completing all departmental paperwork including daily activity log and incident reports
- Responding to and defusing any potentially hostile situations
- Responding to emergency situations according to Aquarium protocol
- Operating CCTV system
- Observing and reporting any unusual activity on the property
- Other tasks, as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Security experience a very strong plus
- Customer service experience a very strong plus
- Valid California driver’s license
- Ability to meet scheduling availability requirements for day or swing shifts, including weekend and holiday periods
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to interact positively with guests in all types of situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, successfully handling multiple tasks at one time
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the online assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.