Entry Level, $10.00/hour
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals for part-time temporary, seasonal Sales Associate positions at Pacific Collections, our fast-paced gift shop. We are also willing to train outgoing, trustworthy, dedicated individuals who understand the importance of delivering exceptional customer service. The Sales Associate is responsible for fulfilling a wide array of duties that include operating registers at various retail locations within the Aquarium, stocking and displaying merchandise, maintaining the cleanliness of all retail locations within the Aquarium, and performing other tasks as needed. We are looking for temporary staff for the spring break and summer season only. Employment for these positions will end by or before September 15, 2016.
The Sales Associate’s Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining the highest level of guest-friendly customer service at all times
- Serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner
- Accurately operating a register, including credit and cash transactions
- Re-stocking shelves as needed
- Maintaining the highest degree of cleanliness in store and stockroom
- Maximizing sales with suggestive selling techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Available during weekends and holidays
- Available to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. every day; late nights until 11:00 p.m.)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous customer service experience preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills
- PC knowledge
- Basic data entry skills
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
You will complete the online assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.