Full Time, Benefits Eligible
The Prospect Research Analyst will be responsible for identifying, researching, tracking, rating, and monitoring prospects for major gifts and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources for the entire development department with a special emphasis on the capital campaign..
The Prospect Research Analyst Will:
- Prepare thorough and accurate donor profiles on individuals, corporations and foundations which include biographical information, giving history, potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest, and affiliations.
- Provide recommendations for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities based on research findings.
- On a weekly basis identify new sources of support with an emphasis on the capital campaign.
- Evaluate membership database to identify potential prospects and upgrade opportunities.
- Utilize advanced research resources online and through subscription services.
- Develop a comprehensive system to track, monitor, and organize research requests and prospect lists.
- Produce weekly and monthly prospect and action reports to the CEO and Director of Development for the capital campaign and other relevant programs areas such as grants, major gifts, fundraising events, and annual giving.
- Provide additional support for the Capital Campaign as needed.
- BS/BA required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required
- Proven experience working with computers, particularly with database programs such as Raisers Edge
- Must have effective research skills and experience in the use of electronic prospect screening information, online resources, and subscription services
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of prospect research techniques, resources, and services.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and ability to create and implement effective tracking systems.
- Advanced computer skills especially with database applications.
- Ability to organize and synthesize essential information and to present information in highly usable forms and on a timely basis.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge 7 preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-25lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-25lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Normal office working conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
You will complete the online assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.