Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator provides support for the following functions: recruitment and onboarding, performance management, benefits and HRIS. This position is also involved in policy development and interpretation, management training, and records management. The Human Resources Coordinator position at the Aquarium of the Pacific is like other key positions in the organization: it is both a transactional and transformational position with significant opportunity to contribute both in the short and long term through strategic initiatives and recommendations.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Strategizing with managers on recruitment plans for seasonal hiring, filling vacated or new positions, and internal job transfers
- Writing and releasing job postings in relevant markets and media as needed
- Conducting background and reference checks
- Liaising with candidates and Wonderlic, Inc.
- Interviewing qualified candidates
- Tracking recruitment activity and costs
- Working with temporary agencies as needed
- Leading multi-departmental new hire orientation team
- Working with payroll, IT, security and other departments to ensure new hires are properly situated on day one
Performance Management / Employee Relations
- Working with managers to ensure all employee reviews are completed and delivered within one week of the employee’s review date
- Offering counsel to managers and staff regarding workplace issues, problems, or concerns
- Working with HRIS to keep employee performance review data up to date
Training and Development
- Working with managers, and VP, Human Resources, to develop and deliver effective, creative training to staff and managers
Benefits, HRIS and Payroll
- Working with the Benefits and HRIS manager as needed
- Working with Payroll Manager as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and TRAITS for SUCCESS
- Excellent professional demeanor, outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Must enjoy being part of a team
- BA/BS preferred and minimum of five years of relevant work experience in human resources or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player handling complex projects and prioritizing and managing multiple tasks under tight deadlines and time constraints
- Solid organizational skills, follow up, and high attention to details and process
- Strong self confidence and work ethic with a high sense of responsibility in an ever changing environment
- Must be able to handle strict confidentiality and exercise excellent judgment and discretion
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel; database and/or HRIS
- Firm grasp of basic wage and hour law, job protected leaves of absence, and other key California and Federal employment regulations
- Familiarity with online and traditional recruitment methods
- Experience with principles of continuous process improvement
- PHR, SPHR designation preferred
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the online assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.