Part-Time, 20–30 Hours per Week; $10.25/hour
The Housekeeping Associate is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the institution at all times, both inside and outside. The position involves the use of mechanized equipment and various cleaning solvents and chemicals.
Currently we are seeking candidates who are available to work primarily between the hours of 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. At times this shift may change to cover our day shift and night shift including events. In addition candidates must also be available to work a shift of 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to closing which includes working night events as stated above, and all applicants must be available to work up until 2:00 a.m. on an as needed basis.
The Housekeeping Associate’s Responsibilities Include:
- Operating various mechanized cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintaining facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings
- Disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials
- Handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc.
- Cleaning wash basins, mirrors and commodes daily
- Checking areas for spills, water, etc. periodically
- Using safety precautions in all housekeeping services
- Shuttling mail between “dry” and “wet” sides using push cart or electric Gem car
- Occasionally setting up meeting rooms in preparation for sessions or events
- Ability to follow directions
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with teammates and independent of constant supervision
- Must be able to work between the hours of 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily, occasionally until 2:30 a.m. Must also be available to work a shift of 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. as needed, and be available on weekends and holidays
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic housekeeping duties and procedures; previous housekeeping experience helpful
- Maintaining and organizing supplies
- Knowledge of working with cleaning chemicals, including MSDS protocol
- Good oral skills
- Ability to speak Spanish a strong plus
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, often while carrying housekeeping equipment
- Ability to sit, balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-30lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights, climb stairs through out a shift
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Exposure to various temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Ability to work around and use cleaning chemicals with proper PPE
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Exposure to working with bio-hazards
Interested and Qualified?