Entry Level, $8.50/hour
Are you outgoing, service-oriented, patient, friendly, and comfortable in crowds? Guest Services Associates at the Aquarium of the Pacific are in many ways the “face” of our Aquarium. Our Guest Services Associates are the first to greet our guests (sometimes up to 10,000 in a single day), and the last to say good-bye as our guests depart. We prefer applicants with a successful customer service background, but we will consider training applicants who demonstrate a very strong aptitude for working with people and understand the importance of delivering world-class customer service. We are looking for temporary staff for the winter season only.
THE GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Delivering high quality, guest friendly service
- Serving guests in a speedy and efficient manner
- Meeting and greeting the public
- Working in the ticket office, at front doors, will call, and the Information Desk
- Selling memberships
- Greeting school buses and coordinating school arrivals
- Managing lines appropriately
- Answering general questions from guests
- Meeting and greeting at some of the exhibits
- Providing accurate information about all Aquarium programs and offerings
- Assisting with night events
- Interacting with guests as costume characters
- Exercising active listening skills and positive body language through smiling, sustaining eye contact, keeping good posture, and speaking clearly
- Available during weekends and holidays
- Available to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. every day; late nights until 9:00 p.m.)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous customer service experience is preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective communication skills
- PC knowledge
- Basic data entry skills
- Basic math skills
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position and believe you would be an outstanding Guest Services Associate, and are interested in temporary, seasonal employment, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are three simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete online assessments.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!