Full Time, eligible for benefits
The Facilities Supervisor coordinates and assists with managing the daily operations of the department. Assisting the Manager of Facilities with the management of a team that performs preventive and general maintenance, repair, construction and renovation work to the aquarium facilities and systems.
The Facilities Supervisor, working with a team of facilities technicians and several vendors, will coordinate the day-to-day and preventive maintenance programs for the Aquarium of the Pacific, including:
- Maintains operations of the facility on weekdays, evenings and weekends in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Ensures all policies and procedures of the facility are enforced.
- Supervises, supports and assists staff with work assignments
- Involvement in construction processes
- Perform initial evaluations of building systems and distribute work assignments
- Coordinate and follow up on preventive maintenance on HVAC, Refrigeration/Freezer units, mobile equipment, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors and other mechanical systems.
- Read blueprints and plan projects to complete assigned tasks
- Review and maintain maintenance logs and performs other documentation necessary to the task performed.
- Dispose of Hazardous Material in accordance with established OSHA procedures
- Advocating workplace safety and emergency planning
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Competency in electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical repairs
- Expertise in the use of bench and power tools
- Knowledge of safety practices, codes and compliance
- Basic operational knowledge if Microsoft office suite
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a facilities capacity
- BS/BA in engineering or related field a plus but not required
- EPA 608 Certification and C-10 contractor’s license
- California Electrician’s certification
- Available during weekends, evenings and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Exposure to injury from animal
- Exposure to wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Exposure to work in an industrial environment, including areas with low headroom, difficult access
- Ability to work around and use hazardous chemicals with proper PPE
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Exposure to working with bio-hazards
- Exposure to aquarium habitats and open ocean environments
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.