25 – 30 hours/week- $11.25/hr
The Interpreter I engages with guests and discusses animal behavior and conservation at various exhibits. The Interpreter I is also responsible for giving on-microphone presentations to a variety of audiences at various Aquarium exhibits. This position reports to an assigned Education supervisor. We are looking for the summer season only.
The Education Interpreter’s responsibilities include:
- Giving presentations at specific, assigned Aquarium exhibits
- Constantly exhibiting a customer service attitude, a smile, and an obvious interest in achieving the mission of the Aquarium
- Interacting with guests discussing animal behavior, and facts, conservation, and interpreting habitats at various exhibits
- Interacting with guests, staff, and volunteers in a positive manner
- Imparting knowledge of animals in an educational and entertaining manner
- Monitoring guest interaction with animals at touch exhibits
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous marine biology coursework preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to speak in public
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to memorize basic scripts
- Ability to grasp and interpret basic animal behaviors, adaptations, and habitats
- Ability to deliver information in an enthusiastic and sincere manner
- Ability to use audio equipment and props
- Knowledgeable in basic ecological, biological, and conservation principles
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position and believe you would be an outstanding Education Presenter, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the online assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.