Part Time Regular
Reporting directly to the Audio Visual Manager, this position supports media development for educational projects and programming. In addition to the required experience, the successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to function successfully when given independent assignments, and collaboratively in a team environment.
This position includes supporting Aquarium Live, a children’s show broadcast live to the Miller Children’s Hospital, and education distance learning classroom broadcasts.
- Collaborate with the Education Technology & Media Supervisor to support the production of educational media products for school and public audiences, including developing, filming, and editing.
- Support school and public videoconferencing programs through project development and technical support.
- Provide technical assistance and program development for the bi-weekly Aquarium Live broadcast, conducted for the Miller Children’s Hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in non-linear editing
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS(After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop), MS Office,
- Experience in 4D animation a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to focus on projects in a shared work space with frequent interruptions
- Exercise strong collaboration in a team environment
- Experience in educational media communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or related field, Final Cut Pro certification, or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Frequent use of keyboard, mouse and monitor for data entry
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-20 lbs.
- Ability to pull or push up to 0-50 lbs.
- Full functional range of motion in all major body parts joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills.
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Elevated platforms
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Use of special auditory, visual and personal protective equipment
- Work environment can be crowded with many distractions
- Work environment includes outdoor spaces that may include exposure to sunlight for extended periods of time
- Work environment can include water craft, including kayaks and open ocean vessels
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.