Full Time, Eligible for Benefits
The A/V Associate is responsible for all audio and visual needs of the Aquarium. In addition to the required experience, the successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to function successfully with independent assignments and collaboratively in a team environment.
The Audio Visual Associate’s Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and fix equipment throughout the facility
- Providing support for internal and external presentations and events
- Set up and operation live audio equipment for Aquarium events
- Videography and photography of Aquarium events and presentations
- Providing support for all other audio and video related needs of the Aquarium as necessary
- Bachelors degree in Film, Audio, Electronic arts or related field.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Knowledge and Skills
- Operation of PA systems, microphones, live sound mixing, still & video cameras, video projectors, and video playback devices
- Strong familiarity of A/V cabling, connections, integrations, basic electronics, and equipment
- Intermediate level experience in non-linear editing
- Proficient in Macintosh environments
- Excellent time management skills required
- Must be successful at multi-tasking
- Exercise strong collaboration in a team environment
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-75lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Elevated platforms
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Use of hand tools, machinery and company vehicles
Interested and Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Wonderlic, Inc.:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.