FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS
Along with the Security Manager, the Assistant Manager of Security is responsible for running the day to day operations of the Security Department.
- Responsible for obtaining availability information for all Security Officers and scheduling for all three shifts (Day, Swing, Graveyard)
- Support the Security Manager in the interview and hiring process of new personnel
- Assist in the training and development of newly hired officers
- Assist and support the Security Manager in providing training of officers. This includes speaking in front of the entire team.
- When appropriate, lead or participate in training other internal staff on various topics.
- Review and edit all incident reports that are written by Security department staff members.
- Respond to any urgent or emergency situation that arises including, but not limited to, fire alarms, ozone alarms, bomb threats, earthquakes, floods, animal release, suspicious person, lost children, etc.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the digital surveillance system.
- Responsible for parking and traffic control for busses, school groups, and families dropping off/picking up children for Aquarium programs. Includes the scheduling of crosswalk duties when applicable.
- Monitor general traffic patterns on busy days and report/respond to problems as appropriate.
- Assist in the on-going development of policies and procedures in written form
- Maintain up to date files and personal performance information on all officers
- Assist in delivering annual performance reviews for Security department staff.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff all procedures and policies.
- Excellent Guest Service skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to communicate to all Aquarium volunteers and employees the necessity of complying with Security standards.
- Ability to remain calm in intense moments, and to diffuse escalated situations.
- Model positive behavior at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years Security Experience, with at least one year of supervision in the Security field.
- Familiar with the following computer software; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiar with the California wage and hour regulations
- Experience with access control, digital video surveillance systems, guard tors, report writing, and coordinating Lost and Found items.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- California driver’s license in good standing
- Current Guard Card Certification preferred
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to run
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-50lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Hire Select:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.