School Overnight Program Information
|Availability||Mondays and Wednesdays (based on availability)|
|Cost||$70 per person. One free chaperone per 10 students.|
|Group Size||20 person minimum/ 60+ person Maximum (may be approved for more)|
|Included||Dinner, light snack, cereal breakfast, and a souvenir t-shirt.|
|Times||5:00pm - 7:00 a.m. the next morning|
|Ages||3rd - 12th Grade|
Choose from our three different focuses for your overnight experience.
- Crazy Creatures from Dusk till Dawn
- Discover some extraordinary inhabitants of the deep, dark, depths of the ocean and study their highly developed senses, amazing adaptations, and fascinating ways of creating light. Students will experience bioluminescence and triboluminescence; discuss the advantages of living and hunting in the absence of light; and examine biofacts, sharks, and fish alike. The night will end with an exciting and educational flashlight tour to explore the hidden animals in our galleries and witness some of these animals brightly fluoresce!
- Predators, Prey, and Pajamas!
- Sink your teeth into our nocturnal adventure as we explore the ocean to study predators and their remarkable adaptations and methods for hunting. Students will dissect squid, create their own take-home ultimate predator, examine animal biofacts, and record observations in their very own shark scientific journal.
- Sensational Sea Life
- Explore our thriving southern California waters as we take a close look at plankton, our tiniest residents, to the largest animals on the planet, the blue whale. Students will learn about our unique marine food web while completing a squid dissection, examining plankton from Rainbow Harbor, touching live animals, and exploring our exclusive behind the scenes areas.
(tentative and subject to change)
5:00 p.m. Check-in/Aquarium Exploration 5:45 p.m. Welcome 6:00 p.m. Dinner 6:30 p.m. Dive Presentation 6:50 p.m. Behind-the-scenes tour/Exhibit Observation 7:35 p.m. Education Classroom Experiments 8:15 p.m. Gallery/Touch Pool Exploration 9:00 p.m. Theatre or Ocean Science Center Presentation/Snack Time 9:30 p.m. Bedtime rules! 10:00 p.m. Lights Out
6:00 a.m. Wake up! 6:30 a.m. Breakfast served/ T-Shirts 6:45 a.m. Seals & Sea Lions Exploration 7:00 a.m. Wrap-up and Goodbyes