Explore and celebrate Southern California’s coast during the Aquarium’s sixth annual Urban Ocean Festival. The event will include art exhibitions, a fashion show and contest for designs using recycled materials, mural painting, poetry readings, booths, and educational activities.
- 10:30 a.m. Ronny & The Classics live music performance* / Honda Blue Cavern
- 10:30 a.m. Kids’ Time: Whose Ocean is it Anyway?* / Marine Life Theater
- 11:00 a.m. Urban Ocean Film* / Great Hall
- 11:35 a.m. Ronny & The Classics live music performance* / Honda Blue Cavern
- 12:00 p.m. Sustainable Seafood Tasting* / Aquarium Conservation Booth - Great Hall
- 12:30 p.m. Kids’ Time: Whose Ocean is it Anyway?* / Marine Life Theater
- 1:00 p.m. Urban Ocean Poetry Awards Ceremony (SATURDAY ONLY)* / Ocean Theater
- 1:00 p.m. Sustainable Seafood Tasting* / Aquarium Conservation Booth - Great Hall
- 1:15 p.m. Urban Ocean Film* / Great Hall
- 1:20 p.m. Trashin’ Fashion Show (SUNDAY ONLY)* / Honda Blue Cavern
- 1:30 p.m. Ronny & The Classics live music performance* / Honda Blue Cavern
- 2:30 p.m. Urban Ocean Poetry Cruise (SATURDAY ONLY). See Info Desk for pricing and reservations.*
- 2:30 p.m. Urban Ocean Film* / Great Hall
- 3:00 p.m. Sustainable Seafood Tasting* / Aquarium Conservation Booth - Great Hall
- 4:30 p.m. Urban Ocean Film* / Great Hall
All programs subject to change and weather dependent.
Ocean Theater and Ocean Science Center — See monitors for shows and times.
Trashin’ Fashion Show /1:20 p.m. – Sunday only / Honda Blue Cavern
A fun fashion show featuring garments made from recycled materials and awards for the most creative eco-friendly designs.
Art Exhibition / Great Hall
The winning artists from the Urban Ocean Art Contest in the categories of painting, photography, and sculpture/mixed media will display their artworks along the Great Hall. Various art pieces will be available for sale.
Urban Ocean Poetry Awards Ceremony/ 1:00 p.m. – Saturday Only / Ocean Theater
Winners from three categories of the Urban Ocean Poetry Contest will be recognized, and the winners will read their poetry.
Urban Ocean Shows - Science on a Sphere / Ocean Science Center
Experience the urban ocean projected on a six-foot diameter global display system in the Ocean Science Center. Shows will run periodically throughout the day during the festival weekend. See Ocean Science Center for show times.
Urban Ocean Poetry Cruise / 2:30 p.m. – Saturday only / Dock 2 outside Aquarium
Come explore the urban ocean through poetry. As you sail past massive ships, local wildlife and ocean vistas, listen to poetry of the sea, and learn about our local harbor from Aquarium narrators. See information desk for cruise prices and tickets. Urban Ocean: World Port and Sea Life Cruises occur monthly at 4:00 p.m. on June 13, July 11, August 8, and September 5.
Whose Ocean is it Anyway? / 10:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. / Marine Life Theater
A musical chairs-style game called Whose Ocean is it Anyway that offers a child’s view of coastal and marine planning while engaging children about the urban ocean.
Interactive Mural Painting / Plaza in Front of the Aquarium. Get a hand stamp for re-entry to the Aquarium
Art Miles Mural Project and guest community artists invite all Aquarium visitors to help paint murals on canvases that depict interpretations of the urban ocean.
Aquarium Conservation Booth and FREE Sustainable Seafood Tastings / Great Hall
Learn about responsible seafood and what the Aquarium of the Pacific is doing to promote ocean conservation. At 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m., the Aquarium’s Seafood for the Future will offer free sample tastings of healthy and responsible seafood. Booth and tastings are presented in partnership with SAVOR, Community Seafood, and Catalina Sea Ranch.
Bolsa Chica Conservancy / Great Hall
Learn about wetland science, watersheds, coastal ecology, and environmental sustainability.
Urban Ocean Festival Partners:
Art Miles Mural Project, Community Seafood, Catalina Sea Ranch, Harbor Breeze Cruises, SAVOR…, and Seafood for the Future
Special thanks to Art Supply Warehouse
Saturday, May 2, 2015 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Sunday, May 3, 2015 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
|Cost||Included with general admission to guests. Free to Aquarium members; 20% off for their guests.|
Members get in free. Simply show your card at the entrance.
Not a member? General admission is required. You can purchase tickets online.
|Info||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0|