Join us as we investigate one of the most mysterious yet intriguing fish in the sea- the shark!
Join us as we investigate one of the most mysterious yet intriguing fish in the sea- the shark! These beautiful animals are a very important part of the ocean food web and yet they are sadly in danger of becoming extinct. In this program students will become shark scientists and explore shark adaptations, predator and prey relationships, shark size, and the variety of different shark teeth. Students will leave the program with a new understanding and appreciation of this sleek sea creature.
During this two hour program your group will:
- Draw a silly shark together as a group to learn a shark’s basic anatomy
- Play a matching game to see how well a shark’s six senses work
- Unravel a rope of various shark lengths to discover how large and small sharks can be
- Touch and examine shark teeth
- Make a fun shark craft
- Take a guided tour of our Tropical Pacific Gallery and step behind the scenes to see our largest exhibit from the top (all participants must be at least 7 years old to go behind the scenes)
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool.
Then stay after the program to explore the entire Aquarium, admission is included!
|When||Saturdays or Sundays 1:30- 3:30 by appointment only.|
|Cost||$25Member/ $30 Non Member|
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||6-8 years (Crafty Creatures) 8- 11 years (Shark-riffic) or 8- 13 years (Career Explorers)|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required. (562) 951-1630|