Join us as we investigate one of the most mysterious yet intriguing fish in the sea- the shark!
Join us as we investigate one of the most mysterious yet intriguing fish in the sea- the shark! These beautiful animals are a very important part of the ocean food web and yet they are sadly in danger of becoming extinct. In this program students will become shark scientists and explore shark adaptations, predator and prey relationships, shark size, and the variety of different shark teeth. Students will leave the program with a new understanding and appreciation of this sleek sea creature.
During this program your group will:
- Draw a silly shark together as a group to learn a shark’s basic anatomy
- Play a matching game to see how well a shark’s six senses work
- Unravel a rope of various shark lengths to discover how large and small sharks can be
- Touch and examine shark teeth
- Make a fun shark craft
- Step behind the scenes to see our largest exhibit from the top (all participants must be at least 7 years old to go behind the scenes)
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool
Then stay after the program to explore the entire Aquarium, admission is included!
Saturdays or Sundays
1:30- 3:00 by appointment only.
|Cost||$39.00 per student
$33.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission is included.
Minimum of 10 participants required to book.
Please call to RSVP.
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630 Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|