and Other Incredible Invertebrates
Come to the Aquarium to introduce your preschool student to marine life. Another in our series of parent, me and fish classes, the Saturday Family Fun program is created for four- to six-year-olds with an adult. Join us for the entire series of 4 classes!
These classes are designed for you and your child to interact together in a fun and dynamic learning environment. We therefore strongly encourage you to leave children not in this age group at home. These classes do not offer snacks. Admission is included.
Sea Jellies and Other Incredible Invertebrates:
What do sea jellies, octopuses, and sea stars have in common? There are no bones about them! During this 1 ½ hour program, you and your four- to six-year-old child will:
- Touch invertebrates in our private classroom touch pool
- Take a guided tour of all our sea jelly exhibits
- Create a fun, ocean-themed craft to take home
Other activities may include:
- Sort plush animals into piles of vertebrates and invertebrates as you learn these terms
- Examine a moon jelly up close in our classroom
- Learn about sea jelly movement with a large parachute
- Discover which ocean creature loves a belly full of sea jellies
Then stay after class to revisit your favorite exhibits; admission is included!
Saturday, Jan 30, 2016 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, May 28, 2016 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$49.00 per adult/child pair; $20.00 per additional guest
$36.00 for Aquarium member pairs; $15.00 per additional guest
Aquarium admission included
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||4 to 6 year olds with adult; no older or younger siblings please|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 590-3100, ext. 0|