Discover the rich and diverse cultures of the Pacific Islands through traditional craft demonstrations, educational programs, and an ocean of entertainment, including music and dance performances. Watch hula, listen to Tahitian drumming, try out ancient Hawaiian games, enjoy island cuisine, and admire artisans as they create traditional weavings. The twelfth annual Pacific Islander Festival will feature various cultures, including Hawaiian, Marshallese, Chamoru, Tahitian, Samoan, Fijian, Tokelauan, Tongan, and Maori.
SATURDAY, June 6 Entertainment Schedule / Honda Blue Cavern Performance Area
- 10:00 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:45 a.m. – Hitia O Te Ra – Tahitian performances
- 12:20 p.m. – Heritage Award Ceremony honoring Lincoln & Sissy Kaio, with opening Hawaiian dance by Halau O Lilinoe
- 12:55 p.m., 1:40 p.m. – Halau O Lilinoe – Hawaiian
- 2:30 p.m., 3:10 p.m., 4:00 p.m.– Nualani’s Polynesia – Tokelauan, Tahitian, Maori, and Tongan performances
SUNDAY, June 7 Entertainment Schedule / Honda Blue Cavern Performance Area
- 10:00 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:45 a.m. – Tupua Productions – Samoan, Maori, Marshallese, and Tahitian performances
- 12:20 p.m., 12:55 p.m., 1:40 p.m. – Na Hoa O Ka Hale Kanu – Maori, Hawaiian, and Tahitian performances
- 2:30 p.m., 3:10 p.m., 4:00 p.m. – Kutturan Chamoru Foundation – Chamoru performances
Cultural Demonstrations / Shark Lagoon
- Saturday: 3:30 p.m. – Nualani’s Polynesia – Maori Poi Balls demonstration
- 10:30 a.m. – Tupua Productions - Samoan Sasa Dance
- 12:30 p.m. – Na Hoa O ka Hale Kanu – Hula Implements
- 3:30 p.m. – Kutturan Chamoru Foundation – Pelito and Acho: Chamoru Sticks and Rocks Implements
Cultural Displays and Activities / Great Hall
- Hawaiian Lei Making – E Hula Mau / Na Mamo
- Fijian Cultural Artifacts – Colin & Zelda King
- Hawaiian Pandanus / Ti-Leaf Weaver (Ka Ulana Lauhala / Ulanana Lau Ki)*
- Hawaiian Tattoo (Na Kakau) and Hawaiian games (Na Pa’ani Hawai’i)*
- Samoan Cultural Artifacts – Marlena Vaifale*
- Tongan Cultural Artifacts – Famili Pe Taha*
- Marshallese Coconut/Pandanus Weavers* – See how this traditional woven craftwork is made and purchase selected items.
*Presented by Pacific Islander Health Partnership (PIHP):
Heritage Award Presentation / Honda Blue Cavern Performance Area – Saturday, June 6 at 12:20 p.m.
Lincoln & Sissy Kaio
In recognition of dedicated service to the Pacific Islander communities of Southern California
Saturday, Jun 6, 2015 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Sunday, Jun 7, 2015 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
|Cost||Included with general admission to guests. Free to Aquarium members; 20% off for their guests.|
|Coupon||Download and print this flyer for an exclusive discount. $10 off admission during this festival.|
Members get in free. Simply show your card at the entrance.
Not a member? General admission is required. You can purchase tickets online.
|Info||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0|