Learn about the special needs that marine biologists must consider when taking care of animals from this area.
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
The Aquarium of the Pacific represents three regions of the Pacific Ocean; discover the special adaptations animals have to live in the warm waters of the Tropical Pacific. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Use a world map to identify the Tropical Pacific
- Understand that corals are animals by using clay to create a class coral reef
- Take a guided tour of the Tropical Pacific gallery while completing a scavenger hunt
- Participate in a fish camouflage activity
- Learn the importance of fish shape on the coral reef
- Feed tropical fish behind-the-scenes*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Apr 19, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Dec 13, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Junior Biologist: Tropical Pacific
Participants ages 7-12 will learn all about this colorful habitat and the animals that live in it.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY