From inking octopuses to sea star stomachs!
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
They may be spineless, but they are mighty in numbers! Discover the startling survival techniques of these simple creatures. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch invertebrates in our private classroom touch pools
- Learn about several different groups of invertebrates
- Take a guided tour of the Northern and Tropical galleries to find invertebrates on a scavenger hunt
- Discover the planktonic beginning stage of sea stars, sea jellies and crabs
- As a group, create the ultimate invertebrate
- Use their sense of touch to identify invertebrates in a guessing game
- Feed invertebrates in our private classroom touch pools*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Jul 12, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$24 per child
$19 for members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|