From inking octopuses to sea star stomachs!
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
They may be spineless, but they are mighty in numbers! Discover the startling survival techniques of these simple creatures. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch invertebrates in our private classroom touch pools
- Learn about several different groups of invertebrates
- Take a guided tour of the Northern and Tropical galleries to find invertebrates on a scavenger hunt
- Feed invertebrates in our private classroom touch pools*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Discover the planktonic beginning stage of sea stars, sea jellies, and crabs
- As a group, create the ultimate invertebrate
- Use their sense of touch to identify invertebrates in a guessing game
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Mar 12, 2016 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Sep 10, 2016 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Junior Biologist: Invertebrates
Participants ages 7-12 will learn what marine biologists have discovered about these spineless wonders in this hands-on class.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY