Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Sink into the watery world of fish with us as we survey the many amazing adaptations these scaly friends have. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Feed fish behind-the-scenes with our animal care staff*
- Learn the key characteristics that make a fish a fish
- Look for camouflaged fish on a guided tour of our Southern California gallery
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Discover the function of fish shape and fins while assembling a two dimensional fish model
- Observe fish using their fins in different ways on a scavenger hunt tour
- Practice eating like a shark, ray, sea horse, and whale shark
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Apr 9, 2016 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Oct 8, 2016 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Junior Biologist: Fish
Participants ages 7-12 will learn how marine biologists keep fish healthy in an aquarium environment.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY