Dive deeper into the field of marine biology!
Based on our popular Junior Biologist classes, this camp will feature elements of our traditional Day Camp program, including crafts, games, special behind-the-scenes privileges, animal interactions, and more.
Offered:July 18-22, 2016 & August 8-12, 2016
Times: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 pm. Monday-Friday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
- Tour Lorikeet Forest and feed the birds along the way.*
- Learn about ocean food webs through a fun interactive puzzle.
- Test your whale knowledge with Whale Jeopardy.
- Prepare food and feed jellies and sharks. *
- Take a guided tour of a local wetland to bird watch.
- Search for fossilized shark teeth in a fossil dig experiment.
- Practice exploring the deep sea with a ROV.
- Collect plankton in Rainbow Harbor and investigate under a microscope.
- Meet Aquarium SCUBA Divers in our Dive Locker.
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please 2 snacks each day )
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
July 18-22, 2016 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
August 8-12, 2016 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|Cost||Weeklong: $300; $270 for Aquarium Members|
Enroll in this camp online.
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Junior Biologist Day Camp 2
Give your 10-12 year old the opportunity to delve deeper into the field of marine biology.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol