Birds at the Aquarium?
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Birds and Reptiles:
Why does an Aquarium have birds and reptiles? Come and discover the close ties that these animals have with the marine environment. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Review the characteristics of birds and reptiles
- Meet a reptile with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Observe and measure real sea turtle shells, just like researchers in the field would
- Discover how different bird beaks function to capture different types of food
- Examine sea krait skin that has been shed
- Match birds and reptiles to their habitat
- Go over bird and reptile adaptations in a fun bingo game
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Feb 24, 2018 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, May 12, 2018 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Aug 25, 2018 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Nov 10, 2018 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
$29.00 per child
$25.00 for members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Any child requiring the use of an EpiPen must have a completed FAAECP signed by their doctor in order to participate in Aquarium programming.