Fish can get sick too!
Do you need to shadow a marine biologist for a school assignment or are you just interested in what a job in the field of animal care is like?
The Job Shadow series of programs at the Aquarium is perfect for either. We have four unique 3-hour programs that are sure to give you the inside scoop on a career in marine biology. Take the entire series, one is typically offered the first Wednesday and Saturday of every month.
This Job Shadow program takes a closer look at the unique and challenging field of marine animal veterinary science. During this 3-hour program participants will:
- Hear from our staff veterinarian what it takes to do his job
- Visit various behind-the-scenes locations
- Go on morning/afternoon rounds to check on a range of animals currently under the veterinarians care
- Diagnose and treat a “sick” stuffed animal much like our veterinarian would
- Tour our veterinarian facility
- Observe our staff veterinarian perform a procedure on an animal
- Discover the tricks we employ to give our finicky ocean friends their medicine
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access!
Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Feb 1, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, Jun 4, 2014 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Jun 7, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Wednesday, Oct 1, 2014 | 3:30 PM–6:30 PM
Saturday, Oct 4, 2014 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
|Cost||$35.00 per student
$29.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
Job Shadow: Veterinarian
Learn what it takes to be a world-class veterinarian in charge of over 11,000 animals in this hands-on class.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY