Fish can get sick too!
Do you need to learn about a career for a school assignment, or are you interested in a job in the animal care field? The Job Shadow series of classes at the Aquarium is perfect for either. We have four unique 3-hour classes that are sure to give you the inside scoop on a career in marine biology. Take the entire series, or just pick one.
Job shadow Classes are led by Aquarium Educators and include opportunities to interact with animal care staff.
This Job Shadow class takes a closer look at the unique and challenging field of marine animal veterinary science. During this 3-hour class participants will:
- Hear from our veterinary staff about what it takes to do their job
- Visit various behind-the-scenes locations
- Diagnose and treat a “sick” stuffed animal much like our veterinarian would
- Go on morning rounds to check on a range of animals currently under the veterinarian’s care
Other activities may include:
- Tour our veterinarian facility
- Observe our veterinary staff perform a procedure on an animal
- Discover the tricks we employ to give our finicky ocean friends their medicine
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Participants must wear closed-toe shoes for behind the scenes access!
|When||Saturday, Oct 6, 2018 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 | 9:00 AM–12:00 PM|
$39.00 per student
$35.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Job Shadow here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
|RSVP||(562) 590-3100. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|
Any child requiring the use of an EpiPen must have a completed FAAECP signed by their doctor in order to participate in Aquarium programming.