Did you know that an octopus tastes with its suction cups?
Why do diving birds lay funny shaped eggs? Can you believe sea stars have feet? What other crafty adaptations have sea creatures come up with? Join an Aquarium educator as we take a closer look at the many unique features that allow marine animals to thrive in the ocean.
During this two hour program your group will:
- Discover how puffins stay warm in chilly northern waters
- Dress one participant up as a sea star to learn how sea stars eat
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool
- Dress one participant up as an octopus to learn about octopus adaptations
- Take a guided tour of the Northern Pacific Gallery
- Learn the special features that distinguish tortoises from sea turtles
- Create a crafty creature to take home!
Then stay after the program to explore the entire Aquarium, admission is included!
Saturdays or Sundays
1:30- 3:30 by appointment only.
|Cost||$39.00 per student
$33.00 for Aquarium members
Aquarium admission is included.
Minimum of 10 participants required to book.
Please call to RSVP.
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630 Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|