Did you know that an octopus tastes with its suction cups?
Why do diving birds lay funny shaped eggs? Can you believe sea stars have feet? What other crafty adaptations have sea creatures come up with? Join an Aquarium educator as we take a closer look at the many unique features that allow marine animals to thrive in the ocean.
During this two hour program your group will:
- Discover how puffins stay warm in chilly northern waters
- Dress one participant up as a sea star to learn how sea stars eat
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool
- Dress one participant up as an octopus to learn about octopus adaptations
- Take a guided tour of the Northern Pacific Gallery
- Learn the special features that distinguish tortoises from sea turtles
- Create a crafty creature to take home!
Then stay after the program to explore the entire Aquarium, admission is included!
|When||Saturdays or Sundays 1:30- 3:30 by appointment only.|
|Cost||$25Member/ $30 Non Member|
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||6-8 years (Crafty Creatures) 8- 11 years (Shark-riffic) or 8- 13 years (Career Explorers)|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required. (562) 951-1630|