This program focuses on the sounds made by some of the animals that live in the ocean.
Come to the Aquarium to introduce your little one to marine life. Another in our series of parent, me, and fish classes, the Aquatots program is created for two- or three-year-olds with an adult. Join us for the entire series of 6 classes!
These classes are designed for you and your child to interact together in a fun and dynamic learning environment. We therefore strongly encourage you to leave children not in this age group at home. These classes do not offer snacks. Admission is included.
Sounds of the Sea: Do you love the calming sound of the waves on the shore? Did you know that there is a commotion of noise just under those waves? During this 1 ½ hour program, you and your two- to three-year-old child will:
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool
- Create a fun, ocean-themed craft to take home
Other activities may include:
- Visit listening stations of various noise makers and instruments
- Hear the songs of whales, calls of birds, and chatter of fish
- Practice making the sounds that animals make
- Sing along to a fun ocean sounds song
Then stay after class to revisit your favorite exhibits; admission is included!
Saturday, Jan 21, 2017 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Jul 15, 2017 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$49.00 per adult/child pair; $20.00 per additional guest
$36.00 for Aquarium member pairs; $15.00 per additional guest
Aquarium admission included
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||2 and 3 years old with an adult; no younger/older siblings please|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 590-3100|