This Aqua Tots program focuses on one of our senses, the sense of touch.
Come to the Aquarium to introduce your little one to marine life. Another in our series of mommy, me, and fish classes, the Aqua Tots program is created for two- or three-year-olds with an adult. Join us for the entire series of 6 classes!
These classes are designed for you and your child to interact together in a fun and dynamic learning environment. We therefore strongly encourage you to leave children not in this age group at home. These classes do not offer snacks. Admission is included.
Slippery to Prickly: Let’s focus on our sense of touch as we explore slippery slugs, prickly sea urchins, and more! Your toddler already wants to touch everything, bring him to a program where touching is encouraged! During this 1 ½ hour program, you and your two- to three-year-old child will:
- Become touch detectives and identify objects using only our sense of touch
- Touch a wide variety of animal artifacts including sea otter fur, whale teeth, shells, and more
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pool
- Create a fun, ocean themed craft to take home
- Take a guided tour of our Southern California gallery
- Read a story about a hermit crab looking for a good home
Then stay after class to revisit your favorite exhibits, admission is included!
Saturday, May 18, 2013 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Nov 16, 2013 | 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$38.00 per adult/child pair; $17.00 per additional guest
$28 for Aquarium member pairs; $15.00 per additional guest
Aquarium admission included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||2 and 3 years old with an adult; no younger/older siblings please|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|